David is now eligible for the terrible twos. Although today I am not focusing on anything terrible.David Paul: 24 months
-You have a little body, you still wear a size 3 diaper and 18 month pants.
-You love trains and trucks. Anytime you hear an airplane, truck or a police car you say, "what's that?" Even at Wal-Mart when they make announcements over the loud speaker you stop and say, "what's that?"
-I love the way you wrap your legs around my waist and let me carry you.
- You still always run and greet me with a big hug when I come and get you from the day care at the gym. Then you turn around and say "good bye" to everyone else in the room.
- You LOVE clementines. When I say love, I mean love. Today I think you ate 10.
- Whenever you get the chance, you take off your diaper and run around. We have rolls of duct tape in the house for you and your diaper.
-Words and phrases you say: "hi guys", "choo-choo", "oh man", "what happened?", "come here", "happy birthday", "please", "this", "orange", "candy".
-Whenever daddy saids, "candy" you come running.
-Again, you are still obsessed with the counter. You climb up a dozen times a day. Eden has started tattling on you. She doesn't like to see you punished.
-You love to wrestle, play hide-in-go-seek, tag and head butt.
- You like to sing. Today in church while the choir was performing a special muscial number you got the hymn book out and started singing. It was the cutest thing!!
You and I have a special bond. You are free and independent, although if I ever left your life you would be a wreck. There is a peace and stability that I bring to you. You do the same for me. I have ogles of compassion for you. You melt my heart. I could kiss you all day, I never want to forget those soft cheeks. Yesterday you fell off the bathroom counter. You ran to be with big alligator tears and snuggled in my shoulder. After a few minutes I knew you weren't ready to let go, so I sat down and snuggled up with you. 10 minutes later you were asleep. I want to remember that moment forever. It brings me great joy to know that you find comfort and safety in my arms. I will always be here for you. Happy Birthday Day Day.
6 comments:
Okay - so since you went private, your blog doesn't update on my blog so I missed like a week of posting!!! Happy Birthday to your two sweet kiddos - I am sure it is a busy time for you guys but just think of all the fun memories!
I just love reading your posts! You have a way with words and are very gifted in writing descriptively how you feel! Miss you.
awe so sweet! Happy Birthday Eden and David!
Happy Birthday little man! We can't wait to see you again! You melt our hearts even with all these miles between us! We love you!
Happy Birthday big guy!! You seriously had me in tears as I read Eden's post and then Davids. I broke down at the part where he fell asleep in your arms. He is so adorable!! You are so blessed!! And, they are blessed to have you as their true love mom!!
I can't believe your kids are getting so big. They both have great personalities from how you describe them. Hope you guys have a great christmas.
Post a Comment