Saturday, December 27, 2008

Do you want to hear something funny?

I came home from work tonight and this is what Paul said (in a nut shell):
"For dinner...ummm? I had candy, soda and hot chocolate...I have lost it. I put up my feet, watched two movies and did nothing. The house is a mess...just so you know."

I laughed (now he will understand when I have a day like that).

Do you want to hear something else? Paul and his feet. Everyday he sits in the tub and scrubs his feet. He refused to wear flip flops due to dirt, thorns and bugs (plus whole the stubbed toe factor). For Christmas I gave him ankle socks. He was polite and thanked me. I instructed him to wear them with his shorts. Tube socks with shorts is so ugly (that's what he wears). By the end of the day he couldn't take it anymore and he spilled his guts.

He explained how fashion is not practical. He saids these "no show" socks are ridiculous. I tried to argrue how nice they looked (that didn't work). He claimes his feet get dirty and the socks bunched up under his heel. Plus he saids bugs target your large veins which are by your joints. Hence the ankle becomes a new target. All this grief just for fashion. He kept going on and on and I was just laughing. So please, if you see Paul wearing socks in the middle of the summer with his khaki shorts just know that he is a practical man.

10 comments:

*liSa* said...

That is too funny. i can totally see you and paul saying those things. although i agree ankle socks do look nicer, but tube socks is what makes Paul, well Paul! haha
Paul is the ONLY man i have met who the that obessed with keeping his feet clean. i don't think he had a very blissful childhood of running in the backyard naked! haha

Steven and Kristin said...

If it makes you feel better, I married a practical man too. Although I don't think his reasons are for keeping his feet clean... he just likes to wear socks and he doesn't care what people think. I guess that's good in a way! You both are so funny!

Mrs. Wright said...

HA! Now that's a story to tell! I'd like to think it would be neat if you post a picture of this in the future just to remember it. =0)

Kelly Fam said...

I hear ya sister!
Those were some good stories

Rick and Angie said...

Hilarious - thanks for sharing!

Janelle said...

His fashion sounds like my dad's. We have long since stopped trying to get him to not wear mid-calf tube socks with his shorts.

As for the bug bite issue, I seem to be able to get bitten perfectly fine even with non-ankle socks on, so that's a bad argument. :)

Holly said...

Oh that is hilarious! How we love you Paul! Maybe it is an Ordyna man thing--Dan takes good care of his feet too. So funny!

Bob and Julie said...

What in the world?? When did the Ordyna boys start taking care of their feet?? Maybe they should take care of their FINGERNAILS!!! :) My man is a HORRIFIC tube sock wearer...he even thinks that black tube socks are OK to wear around....What the?!?! Cracks me up how nice Paul was. He is a sweety!

jaordyna said...

Funny! What do you mean came home from work? From where? I missed something!

Tina said...

It's an age thing. When Steve started fretting that he was getting old, he stopped wearing socks altogether...he even wore Birkenstock sandals to church. This from one who has confirmed Hippiephobia. Thank goodness we're past that stage. Men are such silly boys. Remind Paul that we are only in Mississippi, not Africa; so his ankles are safe. On the other hand, maybe it's a modesty thing and he's just protecting the sanctity of your marriage.