Monday, December 15, 2008

3 years

Eden Jae is 3 years old...even though she won't admit it. We end up arguing when I try to get her to say she is "3". She is convinced she is turning "1". If only the numbers went down my little princess.
Eden
- has an opinion about everything.
-LOVES red bell peppers. She doesn't like them cut into strips. She likes to eat the whole thing (once the seeds are out).
-Also she loves the Barbie movies. At the moment she is asking for "Diamond Castle singing Barbie" for Christmas.
-Still dances and sings all the time. She is getting crafty with her spins adding a leg lift.
-Knows almost all the words to "I'll make a man out of you" from Mulan and "Don't say your in love" ( I think that's what it is called) from Hercules. It is the funniest to hear her say the phrase "no man is worth the aggravation..."
-Pretends to be shy when she meets people. At Wal-Mart she won't look at Santa. When I asked her why she didn't want to talk to Santa she said, "I"m shy mom".
-Likes to have her fingernails painted.
-LOVES lip gloss.
-Protects David. We often hear her say, "he's my brother".
-Puts objects under her bed while she sleeps (dolls, puzzles, books).
-Remind us, "I'm not a kid, I'm a big girl".

Eden, you are growing up. I can reason with you. You are understanding the concept of time. You look forward to future events and love to think back on the past. It is December and you just stopped talking about being a scary witch for Halloween (which is what you want to be next year). You let me sleep in your bed, unlike daddy who you make sleep on the floor. You are my special girl. I love every moment with you. Happy 3rd Birthday sweetheart.

9 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Eden! Wow, a big 3 years (or maybe we should say 1)! We love you tons!

Cami said...

Wow, first of all, three birthdays in December? I'm so sorry, that is hard. Plan your next baby for spring! haha I loved reading all your special birthday posts. What a great mom and wife and daughter you are. Happy day to ALL of you. Oh, and size 3 diapers? We have been in 6 for months!

Janelle said...

What a sweet picture of her!

Bob and Julie said...

Happy Birthday sweet and spunky Eden!! I absolutely treasure this little girl. I loved reading all the cute things she does. You are such an amazing mommy!

Kelly Fam said...

I love these posts of david and Eden. We wish we could live closer to you. Please, Please Please! try to have Paul get a job a lot closer when he is done with school :) I hope your long drive to Texas is going okay. Hopefully David and Eden can play with their birthday toys on that long drive

Lisa said...

So cute! I love how you capture them at this particular time and write such a great letter to them. You are such an amazing person - Eden hope you had a great day!

Rick and Angie said...

Happy Birthday Eden!

jaordyna said...

Happy Birthday, cutie pie! She looks so pretty in that picture. She also sounds so mature! What a fun girl!

Jay and JoAnn said...

I love those cuties! You are such a great mom. All of your posts brought tears to my eyes and wishing you home too! Love, Mom