Sunday, July 6, 2008
4th of July
This is my FAVORITE holiday: races, parades, watermelon, BBQ's, popsicles and fireworks. It is packed with perfect summer time activities. We made the best of our small town parade (which lasted about 5 minutes). Later, the Fyes hosted a fabulous pool party which was so fun. We didn't escape before David pooped on their back patio (sorry about that :)) We ended the night with a firework show at the college & yummy hot fudge brownies with the Yamniks. Eden was quite disturbed by the fireworks and loud booms. She buried her face in my shoulder and kept saying, "I'm scared mommy, I want to go home." We tried to get her to look at the fireworks (even saying pink sparkles didn't work), afterwards on the car ride home she was squealing with delight saying, "I saw pink sparkles". She acts like she loved it...strange?
Showing their candy from the parade.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I remember two little girls doing the same thing as Eden. It was years before we could enjoy outdoor fireworks. I can't believe I posted before Julie! Julie, I love your comments. After reading them, I always think, "I wish I would have posted that!" Love, Mom
Cyndi, your kilowatt smile lights up your photos. That's a smile that's gotta come from deep in your soul! We are sooo glad your family is here in Oxford, putting sparkle in our holidays...and everydays!
Heyyy...JoAnn...you beat me! :) Ha! You are the cutest woman. I can see where Cyndi gets her beauty inside and out! And, I loved your comments on my blog...I seriously went back and read my 2 pages just to make sure everything was ok....Ha...what the??
Ohhh...this is Cyndi's blog!! :)...sorry to talk to your mom..she just so fun!..It sounds like you guys had a perfect 4th of July. Look at all those people who invited you over to do things....everyone wants to spend time with your fun family! (Even when they poop on the porch)...hey, David's shirt should say "poop" instead of "pop" by the firecracker :) Ok...I'll get off your blog now. We love you guys
Me again...I forgot to say that I Eden is adorable and I can actually totally relate with the fireworks!! I am super scared going through some things...but then when it's all over, I say, "Hey, that wasn't too bad...look what I did...I'm super cool!!" Noone ever needs to know I was actually a wimp the entire time :) Love you Eden!!
That is so funny about David pooping on the back patio. Does he do that alot? And... we watched the fireworks from the car because josie didn't like the noise either from the front lawn.
The "blissful childhood picture" seriously cracked me up! Way to let them experience their life as a child!!! Thanks for sending me the email of Candice's twins. They are ADORABLE! I'm glad that you made the best of the 5 min parade. That's a gift you have - making the best of any situation. How long does Paul have left of school? Any ideas of where will you move next?
so stinking cute! Glad you guys had a wonderful 4th!
Glad to hear you guys had a "blast" this 4th!!! I love to hear about the funny things kids say and do...Eden is a crack up! And David...he still has his "no-shame" childhood demeanor with pooping on the patio! :)
We loved having you over for the Fourth! And your kids are sooo cute! David's pooping was even cute. Did you see the photo of him drinking the coke? So funny. And my kids used to be terrified of the loud fireworks. We had to buy everyone protective ear-coverings.
Post a Comment