for what? Does it matter? I just want to be prepared. I am a beginner at food storage/emergency disaster. This is under my bathroom sink.
This is under our bed? We have our 72 hour kits downstairs. So this is...our week...month... supply? It doesn't look like much, but the cans are double stacked. Plus, there are more you can't see on the other side of the water. That's enough, right?
Since we don't have the resources to get all the fancy smancy things like water barrels, a wheat grinder and other what-nots (that I have no idea about). This is what we have. If there is an emergency at least we can trade: soup, green beans, canned chicken and of course plenty of soap for all those dirty dishes (I mean cans:)). Am I a nut case, or is this what you do? I should have asked for advice before posting. Whether I'm right or wrong, it does feel good to be a little prepared.
6 comments:
oh my gosh! i think it is great i totally need to copy you...i think you did great with the blog. it is motivating and we all need to start storing food just in case! i absolutely love you cyndi! you are my idol.
You are great!! Our beds totally looked like that....except they also had boxes that were broken down ready for our next move. One thing that we used were the big liter pop bottles and rolled those under our beds. At each general conference weekend....we'd pour them out and refill them. I love that you are being prepared! You seriously are AWESOME!!
Cyndi! Hey there:) So you are in Missippi!? Wow! It's been a long time! I think your food storage idea is great! We have such limited space, but there is always under the bed:) I should get started on that. Its good to hear from you, thanks for your comment on my blog, that made my day!
Looks wonderful to me! You are amazing! We actually did buy some water barrels a couple years ago but they are still empty! Is that ridiculous or what?! So, water barrels or not, your system works wells and is effective. Way to go!
Good work! I'm on the same line as you. Being prepared is always good, even if it's lots of dish soap and what not.
That is awesome! Since we moved, we have purchased a little more every grocery trip than normal - about $10 - but over time, we have accumulated a decent storage supply. We are very happy that we are prepared - just in case. Rick is starting to say that he needs to start making some good shelves to put into our storage room...
Post a Comment