After giving birth, he always comes in the hospital room with an overflowing bouquet and a big smile, our anniversary (unless I plead with him not to) and of course any airport greetings when we've been away from each other.
I just haven't been able to change certain behavior in him. :) He can't help it. However, I am learning. I have come to love flowers because he loves giving them. I know I need to be less practical and more romantic. Whose the girl here?
Having a small kitchen has SOME advantages. For one thing, we have NO extra room to store excess. When it comes to a blender or a vase you better believe that blender is staying. I will not give up any room for a vase...silly I know. So, when these special occasions arrive we turn to the blender.
Tacky? Yes
Ugly? Yes
Effective? Sure. Plus I don't have to worry about David breaking it into a million pieces.
One day I will make room for a beautiful vase...promise.
3 comments:
that's hilarious. I looked at that and was like, "huh, is that a blender?" sure enough it was. That was so nice of Paul. I hope you enjoy them while they last. Maybe it could represent some of the turmoil there in the neighborhood too. (oops, did I say too much?) At least you can walk by and smell the roses and have a smile on your face!
okay, I'm sorry I was typing too fast. What I meant to say instead of represent the turmoil (obviously incorrect), but I meant bring you some peace and a smile on your face in spite of the turmoil. Okay, much better! Have a great week
So funny...very creative!! I seriously can't think of a better vase!! It looks like we really do marry someone who's opposite! I am a flower fanatic and for the longest time I couldn't even PAY Bob to buy me flowers. None at either births, none at anniversaries,none on mother's day, none at graduation...the list goes on!! He's finally got the clue and buys me flowers all the time now...Costco is his favorite because they're CHEAP! :) They really are not very practical but they do make things look homey and bring a touch of the beautiful creation into my home. I just think they're peaceful. :)
Post a Comment