Thursday, October 16, 2008

So sad to see you go

As a Mormon, the first thing you do when moving (even before locating a Wal-Mart) is to locate the church and other mormons! When we were deciding between the Razorbacks and the Rebels the first name Paul was given was: Marianne Yamnik. She worked in the financial aid office. I remember Paul laying on his stomach, feet perched towards the ceiling bobbing them up and down just like a junior high school girl would while talking to her best friend. I questioned: "Who are you talking to?" He replied "Marianne, we're talking about gardening." I couldn't believe he would talk for so long with a stranger. A few days later I called Marianne and mimicked Paul actions. She was my fast friend. During our visit to Oxford, we stayed with the Yamniks. We knew we had to live by them & the Blaus...not close, but right by. So we started knocking on doors, leaving notes and praying someone would be renting in their small street of town homes. I am here to tell you MIRACLES HAPPEN. We saw a man doing some yardwork and stopped to ask if he owned the property. Turns out he was preparing to sell it. We practically begged him to rent to us, bragging about ourselves and how awesome we are...that afternoon we went to his office and signed the lease. Done deal!

That MIRACLE has forever changed our lives...seriously. Now that the Yamniks have moved we are all alone on our little street, which was once Mormonville.



With all the craziness of moving (believe me they had craziness moving in two weeks) Marianne brought this over for Eden. She cleaned and washed her empty spices for Eden to play kitchen with. What thought, what tenderness and what love. Just as much as they will miss Eden waving at them in the window, Eden will miss them.

I won't spill my guts about how much we love and miss them (been there...done that). You people in Kansas better keep an eye out for them. Please take care of them and love them as we do. It will be your pleasure, your gain and your privilege to be in their presences.

Paul speaking:
P.S. Patrick, you are a rockstar. Your great example helped me handle the drama when your wife and Cyndi ganged up on me. Thanks for always being my friend. I will miss you.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

We love the Yaminators! Oxford will miss them and Kansas is very lucky. Cyndi - you are a fantastic friend and now it is your job to recruit more mormons to barry cove.

jaordyna said...

What a nice tribute! Good friends can be hard to find. It makes me sad to think about our college days and the good friends we had. Enjoy that fun time of life...again.

alisafye said...

You guys were so lucky to live right next to such great friends-both the Blaus and the Yamniks! What a sweet set-up that was! Cyndi, Paul brought over the chocolates you made, and I ate them ALL! They were delicious! Please move in next door to me and be my best friend and make me candy!

Marianne said...

Oh Cyndi...it has taken me forever to look up blogs....you are so kind and so sweet. Thank you for your kind words. They are making me emotional right here in the middle of the library. We feel like we lived in heaven living on Barry Cove next to such great neighbors...and having such a wonderful ward. I fear nothing will compare....except of course heaven itself! Anyway, you know what I mean. We miss you guys terribly...it's just not fun looking out the window to see if David and Eden are peeking out the window!!

Thank you for being such wonderful frieds!!!

Scott, Fia, Tre, and CJ said...

Hi Cyndi! My hubby and I were just spending some time on our new phs99 blog and came across your cutie of a pa tootie family! Scott hears ya on the Black Widow Post! We went through a little killing spree with them two summers ago, and have had Spider Spray come out and spray every 3 months since! Scott is terrified of black widows...one day I'll humor you with the most hilarious black widow story ever! I hope you don't mind us checking in every once in awhile!