Friday, November 14, 2008

Boo-hoo Thanksgiving

Does anyone else just want THANKSGIVING over so we can actually move onto Christmas?

I'll explain. Today while at the dollar store getting some kid spoons (half the price of Wal-mart), I couldn't find ANY Thanksgiving items. I was looking for turkey stickers, brown foam, etc. Finally I stumbled across a crummy shelf with scraps of orange and yellow napkins. Am I really too late? Have people already got all their paper products for the feast in two weeks? You think they could at least move over a few ceramic Santas and make room for Turkey day.
Oh well, I do enjoy the Christmas music in the stores.

I am still dreaming of eating this $89.95 cake for Halloween...or Thanksgiving...pumpkins work.








Wait...there's a Christmas one. I'm still ok.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I am going to attempt to make that present cake. It looks so pretty and yummy! I love Christmas. Thanksgiving does get the shaft, but it's all about food and football so I am not too sad.

Ali said...

Cyndi, this is Ali Spagnolo (JP's wife...but you probably knew that because how many Spagnolo's can there be?) I found your blog through Tiffany Carter. Do you guys live in Missippi now? I had no idea Paul was in law school. We actually just moved to Indiana...crazy check us out at: spagtimes.blogspot.com or e-mail jp (he'd love to say 'hi'):jspagnolo@sf.edu

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...

I loooooove Thanksgiving! And I hear ya about the mass market pushing out the holiday. I stopped frequenting the local Hallmark store in July when they'd put out the ornaments. The only Christmas allowed before the day after Thanksgiving in our home is present making...but then we'll take Christmas at least a week into the New Year; and Steve may hum and drum Christmas carols year round, except the first four weeks of November.

Mandy said...

Hi Cyndi I love all of the last months blogs- it's fun to learn what really goes on in your house! I had no idea your kids were as naughty as mine, they're always such angels when I see them! Please send me an invite to your blog when it goes private.

Tina said...

does fondant have taste?