The first half hour you cried and screamed.
I had no sympathy.
Then you moved on and played for 2 hours while I finished painting my bedroom.
We are all much better now.
P.S. I do acknowledge the political outcome this week. I read every article I can about Prop 8. I am relieved the polls are closed and calculated. I phase in and out of politics. I get consumed, concerned, anxious and then realize this does no good...so I stop following. I am proud Prop 8 passed. This was a HUGE victory, I want to kiss all you California people. More than ever, I see the need to discern between right and wrong. I am appalled at the bias of the media and how a wrong choice is made to look noble. Satan is stirring the pot. True and correct principles are seen to be complicated and confusing. How sad. I am thankful for a prophet. I am thankful for the spirit which will testify of the truth. God bless America.
11 comments:
awh & hahaha... you're such an awesome mom to document stuff like this :) im taking tips
Sometimes banishment to the outdoors is the only thing that works! :) I love that you took a picture of them banging down the door! I hope you got your sanity back while you painted...which reminds me...you need to post a picture when you're done painting!
This was a great post - thanks for the blog comment the other day - we are super excited to have a baby! Just so you know, although we aren't as cool as the Blau's - if you ever need anything let us know! You are always welcome at our house!
Ditto on your feelings about Prop 8!
Funny how half the time they want to be outside, but when they are made to be outside, they want in... I got a good laugh at their faces against the glass! Thanks! Don't you love having a fence? I'm glad you recovered and I'm glad they had fun too... away from the things they aren't supposed to have fun with!
Oh, and I agree about Prop. 8. I'm very relieved it passed, but sad that it was still such a close margin. The news showed how huge Christian groups raised tons of money to put adds out there, but of course it's the LDS temple that they're protesting in front of. Why do opposers think they can speak louder than supporters when we both supposedly have the same rights to voice our opinions. I guess they're waiting for lawsuits now. I hope Californians continue to uphold values. Sorry- didn't mean to get off on such a tangent.
I love your blog! You always say things in a way that is funny and sweet and touching.
And I totally agree with your feelings about Prop 8. I'm sad that people think the Church members are motivated by bigotry and hatred.
Love this post and love the picture! Sorry that we get so many laughs at your expense! And amen to prop 8 passing!
What a good post! I am so glad you share things like this. The picture is hilarious...Eden is very unhappy and David is smiling for the picture. Too funny.
Oh Cyndi - I love you! You are amazing! I love your logic. I completely agree with you in the banishment! I completely am with you 100 percent on prop 8. Thanks for sharing your testimony.
I have to add - when I saw the news with the protesters at the San Diego and SLC Temple, all I could think of was what was going on at that exact moment inside the temple. How sad I was for the protesters. It brought me peace and comfort to realize that the WORLD is outside and the miraculous work that we experience on the inside.
I LOVE reading about your darling family and seeing photos of how your sweet babies have grown. You are wise to blog so you won't forget. In the grand scheme, memories run together if not noted and photoed...a blog is a wonderful thing.
Also, I am moved by your expression of gratitude for a living prophet and the passing of Prop 8. I think we have our work cut out for us to fight this onslaught of confusion about the family...Satan is indeed stirring the pot. Thankfully, we know where to turn. Bless you, Cyndi. You are darling!
Post a Comment