While laying in bed Paul asked, "Do you think David & Eden will be best friends?". Right now they are forced to be, they share the same room and do all the same things. What happens when they get older and have different friends? Different lives? Lately my mind has been consumed with the thought of having a close family. I , as all of you, have worried and wondered how I can protect my family. In a moment of pondering I came up with one simply way:
TRADITIONS.
Having fun & meaningful activities that my children can build memories that lay a foundation of stability. Of course the most important traditions we have are the daily rituals of prayer, scripture study, meal times & FHE.
This Thanksgiving I have decided to start a Thankful chain. Each day we write down what we are thankful for. In primary we talked about how being thankful is a commandment
D&C 59:7.A holiday decor with personal words of gratitude. What are your Thanksgiving traditions? In light of this idea, here are a few thank yous.

Thank you for the BEAUTIFUL weather we are having...the kids are really enjoying it (
as you can tell).

Thank you for NOT making me stop and eat here.

Thank you Jalayne for the yummy red velvet cupcakes.

Thank you for little potties (or bushes), anything that will prevent a diaper change.

Thank you Blaus for the yummy dinner at Corky's BBQ. We porked down all the pork!
9 comments:
What a great idea the thankful chain is. Thank you for sharing! I love your pictures. It's gratitude in everyday things that keeps us so happy. You're very good at that!
That's a great idea!! I so want to be like you!! Every year I tell myself that I'm going to start a GREAT tradition....then it fizzles out and I find myself falling back on my normal tradition of eating until I am sick then laying on the couch in a state of stupor while the kids destroy the house and Bob watches football......hmmmm. Then, I awaken myself to brouse the newspaper ads and map out my plan of attack for shopping in the early morning hours :) Now THAT'S tradition....NOT!!!
These pictures were seriously so funny! Totally had me laughing out loud...especially naked David riding the car and Paul at KFC! So funny! Great idea with the "Thankful Chain." It makes me stop and think about what I appreciate...
I love that idea! Cyndi - I am so glad you shared that with us. The KFC made me laugh as well as the potty breaks...
Great idea - I would attempt it but I am sure it would fizzle out after a day or two - I will try though. Glad you liked Corky's. Their rolls are to die for - I am salivating. I don't even like BBQ too much, just rolls, butter and salad. MMMMMM. I am jealous of your great weather. Please think of us on your sunny days - it is getting cold here.
Great idea! I know my family is all about traditions. My kids are grown and yet they still make sure we are doing the same family traditions each year.
I LOVE the pictures! Too Cute!
My mom and your grandma would love that KFC
Growing up my family always did a thankful list. Our goal by thanksgiving was to have it reach from the ceiling to the floor. =)
I absolutely agree that traditions unite families and create wonderful memories.
Gizzards and Liver? you might as well ask for food poisioning! haha
I love that pic of your little guy being grateful for good weather! haha! I would LOVE to meet these little cuties one day!! I miss my favorite Cyndi!
Post a Comment