Thursday, October 2, 2008

A boy

Before entering the ultrasound room I had a feeling come in my mind that it was going to be a boy and it was ok. Sure enough the tec confirmed it was a boy. I was thankful for the spirit who comforted and prepared me. I so wanted another girl. Do I feel the same way now?

No way!

David and I have a special connection. When I come and pick him up from the nursery he drops whatever he is playing with and runs in my arms. Today at the gym he put on a brave face, gave me a kiss goodbye and went to play with the trucks. He is such a big boy. He knows I will come back for him. Later this morning he climbed on my lap, laid his face on my shoulder and feel asleep. I sat there for several minutes holding my little guy and thanked Heavenly Father for him.

6 comments:

V said...

What an artsy and creative picture--it goes so well with the post.

Lisa said...

You have a great way of capturing the moments. I hope Griff and I have that kind of relationship as well. I love your post on the flowers and blender as well - so perfect! I am too practical as well, but maybe one day I will love flowers too.

Kelly Fam said...

sweet day day. He is a special boy.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I have felt the same way...many, many, times...and it still is comforting for the many times in the future.

Mrs. Wright said...

Now that is a tender post. Thank you Cynd. I appreciate your honesty in all your write about...

Jamie said...

Oh yeah...I meant to tell you...when I first saw the title of this post I thought you were making an announcement...like that you guys were expecting another boy. It sure made me laugh when I saw a pic of David and not an ultrasound pic!